Some highlights of this past week!
– My Birthday! My birthday was so awesome thank you everyone who wrote me or told happy birthday! I had an amazing day! I opened a package from my family that I had to wait what felt like forever to open but it was the cutest thing in the world. It was decorated on the inside with pictures of my family it made my life! Then we had a district meeting and the zone leader made me a really good, cute cake! After that, we went and taught some people so it was just an awesome day!
– We were able to go to the birthday party of our investigator’s son. It was out of our area but we got permission to go! She is Mexican so they had amazing food and everyone there was a nonmember so we got to meet a lot of new people and share just a little bit about what missionaries do. Israel (the birthday boy) was asleep the whole time but it was still fun.
– I have been out for one month which is just nuts! I have never been more happy or tired!
– The lady we are living with found a baby duck on the road so she picked it up and brought it home. She didn’t want it to be lonely so she went to the store the next day and bought another duck! They’re so cute!
– Everyone here is out of town! It makes it really hard to meet and visit people. We haven’t had anyone slam the door in our faces yet. Of course they would have to open the door first to be able to do that… Its ok though. We work really hard and we’re doing our best so I know that Heavenly Father will bless us. We were teaching a lesson the other day about blessings and prayer. How it sometimes feels like blessings will never come or our prayers will never be answered. But, as long and we keep our faith and work hard we are promised that we will get answered and we will be blessed.
I love my mission so much it really is the best thing I have ever done! I love the people here and I LOVE THE GOSPEL!!!!!
Love you! Remember to pray and read your scriptures!